My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 30, 2008

We Are Evacuating.....

......south!! As of today, we will be leaving tomorrow night to head for our embarkation port for our cruise. Unless Gustav turns, our port will be free and clear. By the time we get into the gulf, the hurricane should have already hit land. It does feel a little strange to be thinking of going anywhere for fun when there will be so much going on in our state, however, being home won't change anything either. We didn't get the travel insurance, so as long as our ship leaves, we will either be on it or lose our money. Between my kids being sick and Gustav I have not really had time to feel excited about the trip this week. I have packed, but not completely. Today, for the first time, I feel like I can look forward to next week. No one enjoys being with her children and doing things as a family as much as I do, but nothing compares to being completely alone with your spouse for a few days when it comes to strengthening a marriage. That's what I look forward to as much as anything. Okay, doing this stuff comes in a very close second!!


4 Comments:

Blogger Motherbird said...

Have a great trip Sheri!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I hope y'all have a great trip!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great trip! :D

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh you are going to have so much fun! I would love to take another cruise!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home