My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We've Missed It!

We don't really have an excuse for staying away from the library all summer, but that's what we did. I guess we were so busy with outdoor activities and friends that we sort of forgot about one of our favorite places! I couldn't believe how excited the kids were, especially Patrick, when I told them that we were going to the library this morning. Madison, Patrick, and Carter have been reading so much this summer. I have bought them a few books, which they have passed around and read. They are reading books from their bookshelves that they've either heard or read more than once already. It was time to bring some new ones into the house!! I heard Patrick telling Madison that he was going to get 30 chapter books. No, he didn't do that, but he did get almost 20. I know how he feels...new books are like candy to me!! We ended up spending 1 1/2 hours there just reading, drawing (they have a small, new drawing area), and picking out books. The kids love the self checkout system that they can use their library cards with. I ended up with 7 different receipts before we were done! It really is amazing that we can spend so much time doing something we love for free :)!!!








7 Comments:

Blogger Tabbatha said...

Just a Mom looking through other blogs and I wanted to drop you a note and say good for you and your decision to home school your children.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

We love the library. It is our best friend and will become more so now that Hannah will be in High School. :0)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

I love the library, too! So do my kids. Fritz has even started pawing through the books to pick out the perfect ones to bring home. We have over 50 books ranging from picture books for Fritz all the way up to books for me and Jamie checked out right now. I'd go broke if it wasn't for the library, especially the way Ani just consumes books. It's a great thing living near a good library!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ganeida said...

We are our libraries best customers! Ditz goes through 10 ~ 20 books a fortnight, or 1 a day!

Oh, & gymnastics & diving are the only bits of the olympics I watch. I think they are skill sports as oppossed to just having brawn. lol. Clever Madison!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

We were at the same library YESTERDAY, Wednesday. Hee hee! We get lost too.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Love the library! We recently got back into story time and the kids are very happy.... new book each week! :)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

I know what you mean. I always leave there thinking, we just had all that fun and are bringing home all these books, and it didn't cost a penny! (well unless you count overdue fines) ;-)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home