My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Miss You Kitty :(

Our sweet little guinea pig died a week ago. We don't know what killed him...he just quit eating and started losing weight. It all happened so quickly. One day he was well and active, then suddenly he was gone. We miss him so much. I can't believe how painful it has been for me. I knew the kids would take it hard, but I didn't anticipate it hurting so much. I guess it has been a long time since I lost a little pet, at least one that was such a significant part of our family. It makes me treasure the pets we have left so much more. We miss you Kitty!


















I miss the way he would squeak, jump up, and spin in a circle when he was excited. I miss him running to his cage door and trying to eat out of his food container when I was feeding him. I miss seeing my kids sitting around holding him. I even miss him squeaking at me every time I walk into the playroom. It's amazing how something so little can become such a big part of a family. I hope we gave Kitty as much happiness as he brought to us...I only wish our time with him could have been longer :(.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, Sherri. I'm so sorry for you and your family. It's so hard to lose a pet. They become, so easily, such a special part of our lives, don't they? Big cyber hugs to you all. :(

9:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, what a cute and sweet little guy. So sorry for your loss :(.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I always feel they may be gone but they live on forever in our hearts....
Big hugs to your family.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say we are sorry for your family's loss. I am sure you gave Kitty so much happiness that he was sad to go to heaven and leave you all!!
Remember the fun times and cry. It feels good to let it out. I love the pictures and what wonderful memories you have!
Your family is in our prayers.
Bunny

7:06 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh Sherri, I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. We lost Lilac, our kitty, last year and it was a very sad time for us, so I know how hard it must be for you and your family. I am sending hugs your way.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

What kills me is that both of our families lost sweet fur babies at the same time. :( I am so sorry Sherri and kids. I know the ache! I know how excited you all were to get kitty! How you bounded out of bed that morning to surprise the children. *sigh* I will miss kitty too. :(

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home