My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

So This Is How They Did It!

Suppose there were no frozen food departments in the grocery store to buy your ice cream from. On top of that, there wasn't even a hand crank homemade ice cream maker to give you that cold, refreshing treat you crave on a hot summer day! I'm certain that this was the case for many not so long ago....or was it? Maybe there WAS still a way to have ice cream!
Jeff brought home the ingredients and instructions to make homemade ice cream using Ziploc bags. I love it when he brings home fun ideas from work. The staff used this recipe to help their patients make ice cream for the 4th. I had serious doubts that we could put milk, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla into a bag and turn it into even the worst excuse for ice cream. I was wrong!

















Notice the little windsocks hanging from the table umbrella. Those are the ones we had planned to do on the 4th, but never found the time. We finally made them today.








After we finished the windsocks, the kids went out and collected smooth rocks. We painted and decorated them for "pet rocks". It was so much fun! I was just so glad that I felt better today. I knew that I was getting better when I woke up with a desire to play, which is exactly what we did!









5 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

Check these two recipes out for fun stuff in ziplock bags.

For fudge in a baggie:

http://lottakids1961.blogspot.com/2007/09/pass-around-fudge.html

and for some of the best omelets EVER:

http://lottakids1961.blogspot.com/2006/05/ziplock-omelet.html

give them a try - it's fun for the kids to do and they taste great.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks Perri! I can't wait to try them!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Ice Cream in a bag! Who would have thought? I am gonna go and visit the other links that were left too. I have got to try them out.

Those little windsocks and rocks are so cute. I love all of the crafts that you have your kids make and I always enjoy the photos..

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

The rocks are so cute!!!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

We really need to try the ice cream thing. Good idea!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home