My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 20, 2008

Cut From The Same Mold

.......yet, so different. I don't know how two boys can come from the same parents and live in the same home, yet be so different. While at my Dad's on my birthday/Father's Day, I walked out of his house to find both of my boys outside...what I saw didn't surprise me.
There are many things that Patrick and Carter enjoy doing together, but their personalities are like night and day. They play together and get along well...perhaps because the ARE different. It goes to show that, while children are in part products of their parents and surroundings, that they are also born to be who they are in so many ways. We don't try to change our children or force them to be someone else. This means that we let them choose which activities, if any, that they want to do. We let them decide when it feels right for them, then give our total support in what they choose. It would be boring if all three of my children were exactly alike...exactly like all other children. My children are on three separate journeys, which will lead them to three different places. I'm learning to sit back and watch them....to support them....to lead them when they ask me to. Patrick and Carter are different from each other for a reason. My job is to help them accept that and to grow in it with confidence and purpose.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Great post. It is definitely true that each child is different. And it is so nice! It would be boring if they were all the same. Your son looks so cute sitting there reading. ;)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

Those photos do speak loudly of how kids are born as individuals. I have an only daughter and she is SO active that she will rarely pick up a book - except when she's in bed at night. :-)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I love the way that you really SEE your children, Sherri. You are such an awesome mom and I am so proud to call you my friend, even if it is online. Give yourself a pat on the back lady. You are doing an awesome job with your children!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Funny, our sermon at church yesterday was about Jacob and Esau, and the pastor talked about how kids from the same genetics and same family still being so different.
It's wonderful that you appreciate and love the differences in your boys!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

They are wonderful young men! I adore them. :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home