My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Year Three...Finished!!!

We have officially made it to the end of our third year of homeschooling...wow!!! I can't believe that this school year is over already. We've been working extra hard the last few weeks to ensure that we would be finished with everything before the kids took their standardized tests with the homeschool group. We finished everything we had planned to finish and went for testing Mon.-Wed. Madison, Patrick, and Carter all seem to feel good about the tests. I can't wait to get the results in to see how they did. I know the test results aren't always a true reflection of what they have learned, but it's such a confirmation to me to see my children do well and know that I taught them what they needed. It also helps to see if there are areas where they were weaker, so I will know to do more. Some people never have their children tested until high school, but I just need it for my own peace of mind.

It was such a relief when we finished the last day of testing and walked out of the building....free to enjoy our summer break! We had a little "end of the school year" party today with a few friends. I had 8 kids here in all. They swam, played games, cooked in Madison's Easybake, played baseball, ate pizza, played tennis, etc. It was everything that we love about summertime! Jeff and I plan to do something as a family this weekend to celebrate. I know that soon I will have to start planning for next year, but, for a little while, I just want to enjoy some play time with the kids!!



























4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Congrats! You have my admiration! Here's to a great summer! BTW I'm tagging you!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

PERFECT! Enjoy your summer kids. :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Congrats on finishing up the 3rd year! We are right behind ya girly! I am sure that your kids did a great job on the tests. They have a great mom to lead them! Let us know how they did when you get the results in.

Your summer break fun day looked like it was great fun! I hope that y'all have a wonderful family weekend. Take lots of pictures! HUGZ

2:58 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

Yay! We're supposed to have four more days, but I've got a wedding and dance recital to get ready to shoot, so I'm sure they'll be super light days!
I love summer break!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home