My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Welcome Summer Fun

When I think of summer, I think of days spent outside listening to music and watching the house/yard fill up with kids. I think of the 4-wheeler loaded down with Madison and her friends and pizza delivered to the pool deck. When I think of summer, I think of days like today!
I started working in my flower beds and raking leaves first thing this morning and worked until nearly dark. It felt so good to be out working, sweating, and getting something accomplished outside. The phone started ringing early and continued until we had a yard full of company..just the way we like it! The kids decided that the "too cold water" was worth enduring for a good swim. Jeff brought home 500 lbs of new sand for our sandbox, and we ate pizza outside with the sun beating down on the chill bumps attempting to chase the chill off of the kids' wet skin. We didn't plan the day, but then again, that's when the best days seem to happen!!


















6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to get our pool opened up.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds awesome....can I come visit?!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! My kids are counting down the days until summer starts!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I am loving this weather that we are having.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a great day! We are still freezing round here! I think it's suppose to be warm today... with a whopping 67 as a high and currently at 61! The sun is not even showing it's warming rays! Tomorrow we're supposed to reach 78, but I won't hold my breath! And Wednesday all of 59 for a high! So glad that you're getting nice weather.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Mmmmmmmm....the summer fun is just starting. Beautiful day you had. :)

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home