My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 10, 2008

An Unusual Weekend

Two rare, but wonderful, things happened this weekend. First, my sister and her two youngest children spent three nights with us. However, more surprising and rare than that was the fact that we got snow on Friday!! My children haven't played in snow for 7 years..the boys don't really even remember it. The last time we had any significant snow was New Year's Eve 7 years ago. The ironic thing is that Vicki and I were also together last time it happened. None of it stuck this time, but it snowed for most of the day. We were just happy to sit at the table with our Scrabble game and watch the snow falling while taking in the aroma of Vicki's homemade gumbo cooking in the crock pot. Yes, I had to get out in the falling snow some with the kids, but most of the time I spent inside with Vicki while our children ran in and out.
Vicki arrived on Thursday and stayed until Sunday. We made plans to be together because Jeff had plans to spend the weekend in Texas for a fishing trip. His trip was cancelled, but we kept our plans. As always, it was very hard to see them go. I just enjoy her and her children so much! I miss the snow too! I wouldn't want it every day, but a little more of it would be nice!





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the time with your family!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. I love getting together with my sister. I sure wish that we would have gotten some of that snow. :0(

9:54 PM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

How cool! And that gumbo looks yummy!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your sister. And that you got some snow! I could send you some of ours if you really want it :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

At least there was the excitement of snow, even if it didn't stick. Of course having family over makes it even better. That gumbo looks awesome!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

It was a great day!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home