My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

We Did It!

We bought the guinea pig that I discussed in my last post. I know we were only supposed to get it if Alvin didn't come back, but we changed our minds after getting our hopes up about getting one. Now, we have the best of both....we still have Alvin and we have a new guinea pig named Kitty!
HE IS PRECIOUS. I never thought a guinea pig could be such a great little pet!
We still love our chipmunk, Alvin, but just wanted a little cage pet that we could also hug and cuddle. Having Kitty also keeps Carter from spending so much time with Alvin's cage door open trying to get him to interact. I was always so afraid that Alvin would get out again or bite Carter. Kitty has never bitten us and is, just as I wanted, too slow to run away...not that he would want to. He loves being held. I'm not sure, though, how he felt about this! We didn't keep the little bow in...just tried it on him for the fun of it!





So, how does Ginger feel about all of the new pets in the house? She's adjusting. She will actually walk up to Kitty now while we are holding her without getting upset. Of course, we won't leave them alone together, but having them out at the same time is enough for me.
We're stopping here. This is enough for now...three children and three pets. Perfect!

14 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Hee hee...I LOVE that bow! What a baby!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

He is so cute Sherri! My sister has a brown one and they call him "Bear." He is so cuddly and my girls love when we go to visit. They take him out of the cage and will play with him for hours. You made a good choice. I am sure that your kids will spoil him. That bow is too cute on him!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

Oh, that is a precious new pet!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Crystal Starr said...

I love that you named your guinea pig, Kitty!!

He's a cutie!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

A guinea pig named Kitty.....that's as good as our big ole cat named Bunny! What a cutie.....I know I can't show this to my kids or they'll be begging for a guinea pig. Like we don't have enough pets already with 5 Beagles (Clay's hunting dogs), who-knows-how-many OUTDOOR cats, three hamsters, a bird & a rabbit!!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

He is sooo cute, I can see how you were unable to resist adding him to your family : )
We had one that just loved grapefruit when ever someone went into the frig he would squeak until you got him some.
They sure are great pets!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Guinea pigs! We used to have one, but I had to take it back to the store because she was just a little too much to handle with two little kids around. Now we can't have one because I'm sure Supey would LOVE it as a snack! But it doesn't stop me from cooing over them in the store!
I love their little mouths!!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Kitty is a cutie!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Those things always kind of creaped me out...but then I saw the BOW! I think I'm in love. That is so cute!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

They are great pets. Kitty is a cutie! We had a bunny named Miss Kitty, so I guess the name fits any animal! Have fun! :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

So does Alvin and Kitty live side by side and communicate any?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Lisa...if we can keep Ginger away from Kitty then you can keep your Supey away from one :). Believe me...Ginger would get Kitty if she had the chance!!

Kathy...we don't have their cages in the same room. Carter keeps Alvin in his room. Kitty's cage is very big..it's in our playroom on the floor. We are pleased that Ginger has learned to basically ignore it!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

He is a cutey. Love the bow! Are you planning on showing him? My kids have talked about getting a guinea pig but we never have. We just got a new puppy and taking care of him is hard enough for me for now!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

HEY! TAG! I've tagged you for a MeMe! Head over to my blog for rules and such!!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home