My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!

We brought the new year in with my sister and her family again. I love being at her house on New Year's Eve because they cook SO much food....ham, peas, cabbage, dressing, homemade bread, and homemade pie. The kids and I stopped on the way there to buy the fireworks. No matter how warm our weather is before New Year's Eve, it always turns cold just in time to pop the fireworks....brrrrr!!! Carter ended up with a terrible cough and 103F fever, so we had to leave to come back home a day early. I'm not sure if he would have gotten sick anyway, but being out in the cold couldn't have helped! There are some things that you just take your chances with. We had such a great time....as always!

















4 Comments:

Blogger Dana Leeds said...

Looks like fun! We'd been having wonderfully warm weather and it cooled off New Year's night. I had to bundle up. It's still cold, but we're supposed to warm up by Saturday - yeah!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I was looking at one of your photos and saw your daughter helping out in the kitchen. My girls love to help out in the kitchen. They love tasting what they cook even more. LOL! I hope that your son is all better. Poor thing, getting sick during the holidays is just no fun at all. Tomorrow will be our last day of our break and then we begin our lessons on Monday. We have been off for 3 weeks! We are all ready to get back to our lessons. We have had a nice break. I have been surfing the net for new things to do and found the neatest thing called Lapbooks. Something we will be trying out for the New Year. My girls were getting bored with the same old ABeka books all the time. We will still be using them but we will be replacing some of the lessons with the lapbook. Wish us luck. HUGZ

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a fun New Years too! Yes, the energy shots worked!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Looks like it was fun! Sorry your son got sick. We had a Pirates movie marthon that night and stayed up til 4 am!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home