My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007

We've had a great time this week. It's been fun playing with the kids and enjoying our break from school, but what I have felt the most blessed for having this Christmas is family surrounding us. It's enough of a blessing just to have Jeff and our children to share this time with, but it is spending time with our extended family that reminds me of how fortunate we are. We gathered with Jeff's family on Sunday. There were 13 of us there to eat together and exchange gifts. We sang together then listened as our niece told us the Christmas story before opening gifts. It's a good thing that we have Christmas together before Christmas because no one is rushing off to the next place. Our complete focus is the time we're sharing together at that moment.


























We spent Christmas Eve with my family. There were 21 of us in all this year...I can't believe how big our family is getting! There are so many that it's hard to see and visit with everyone. Since it's Christmas Eve and everyone has other places to go, we don't have as much time to sit and visit. It's hectic, but so much fun!

















As always, we spent Christmas Day at home. We woke the kids up at 6:00...yep, we woke them up! We like them all to see their stuff at the same time, so we set the alarm early and wake them up. Nothing compares to walking into the living room with them on Christmas morning and the day that follows. It's a special time between the five of us that goes way beyond just the gifts that we open.























6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am sitting here wondering if there will ever be a day for me to wake my kids up! They are early risers. I am sure it will change eventually!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Perri said...

We always spend our day at home on Christmas, too. It's so peaceful to not have to be anywhere. Looks like everyone had a blast at your house.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Looks and sounds like you had such a wonderful Christmas. I loved looking at all of the pictures and seeing a little part of your family fun around the holidays. Christmas is such a special time for me, spent with my family and my in-laws. I was very sad to see it end. I wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. I hope that it is all that you hope for it to be. I hope to read more of your homeschooling blogs in the New Year too. I really enjoy them. Hugz to you Sherri.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Looks like everyone had a great Christmas.

I've been visiting the blog of those that have posted on mine because I'm having a little give-way over at my blog to celebrate one year of blogging - no gimicks - just some fun.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

1:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like such a blessedly beautiful Christmas! How wonderful to be surrounded by family...there's no feeling like it in the world, is there?

I loved seeing all your pictures. And I completely agree...it's so much fun for everybody to walk into the living room at the same time on Christmas morning! We actually made a little "nest" in our bedroom for our kids to sleep in on Christmas Eve so that there would be no sneaking out of their bedroom before us on Christmas morning. :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I couldn't get into your blog the last few times I've tried, and then today it lets me in! :)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home