My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Electricity

We spent a week studying electricity with a little help from one of Patrick's Christmas gifts. We did some experiments with static electricity. For some reason, Carter's hair was the only thing we could find to produce the static. He didn't mind!


















We also lit up a small lightbulb using a battery and two strips of aluminum foil.







We did a few more little experiments from Patrick's kit, as well as from a GREAT Christmas gift from Jeff to me!
We didn't get around to making our big circuit board and homemade battery, but will do it one weekend. Patrick has enjoyed his kit so much..we all have. As for my new book...it is amazing. I have wanted it for a long time. It's as great as I imagined it would be.
We are studying light this week. It isn't quite as fun to study as electricity, but we are finding some interesting little experiments to do along the way.

10 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

We love to do experiments too. I got that same book for Christmas.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Great experiments! I love the light bulb one. Hmmm I may have to check out that book.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I have some boards, if you want to borrow them...

12:15 PM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

Cool!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love seeing your projects and experiments! Such fun you have learning! :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

Looks like lots of good, learning fun! There are so many things to do and I wish we just had more time to do them all! :-)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I've had my eye on that book for a while... Hmm..

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome experiments :) The light bulb is really neat!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I really like the light bulb experiment. I will definitely remember that one. I love Usborne too, I should find their science books. Emily already loves the one they have on the body.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

We got the kit after seeing it on your website and started it one day last week. So far, so good! We just need to find more time to do it. :-)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home