My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day 2008

I love making the table pretty for Valentines Day. Every year I add more and more chocolate...I just can't stop myself. As I sit here typing, I have my stash of Hersheys from the table :)!








I woke up to a beautiful vase of tulips from Jeff and three red roses from the kids. It was a nice surprise!









We made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast then got ready for our homeschool Valentine party at the skating rink. The kids decorated their Valentine boxes and labeled their Valentines the night before. It always amazes me to see how many Valentine boxes are sitting on the wall when we get to the skating rink. Each box represents a homeschooled child. We are so fortunate to be a part of such a large homeschool community.



























I decided to cook a big dinner since Jeff always takes us out or brings something home for Valentines Day. I thought I should cook for him for a change. Of course, the kids and I were so full of chocolate from the day that we weren't very hungry by dinnertime! Madison had her friend, Emily, over for the night. She's one of her new homeschool friends. The boys are also friends with Emily's brother, and Jeff and I are in her parents' Sunday School class at church. I'm happy to have become friends with all of them and even happier that they also homeschool.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Looks like a really fun day!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Patrick's box still gets to me. :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

Those boxes are way cute!!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You have a big group of homeschoolers! There should not ever be a shortage on interaction for the children. That is so great. I am jealous that you got to make Valentine boxes. This was the first year that my boys didn't give Valentines, Sad.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

THose are some cool boxes! Sounds like you had a great day!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home