My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 18, 2008

Rock and Roll

We finally had Madison's 12th birthday party. We had a little party with the family on her actual birthday, but wanted to wait a few weeks...further away from the holidays...before having her "friend" party. It was a blast! I had the greatest time planning it, but then again, I love party planning anyway!








Madison and I did most of the decorating on Friday night. We were so excxited to finally get to put everything up. We found the greatest Rock and Roll decorations online...how fun it was when it all arrived!






We chose a cupcake cake shaped like a guitar from the Walmart bakery. I usually make their birthday cakes, but decided to buy one this time...what a mistake. When Jeff came home with it, I was shocked to see that it was not even finished. They didn't outline it or even write what I told them to on it. It just wasn't finished. I added the records and confetti around it to make it look a little better. Madison liked it, so I guess that's all that matters! The colors were great and went with the decorations.
















I had an icecream bar set up for the guests when they first arrived. We had all sorts of icecream to choose from along with toppings, sprinkles, and cool whip. Everyone had a nice sugar high going before the party ever got started!







Next, we played three different games. First, we had a bubble blowing contest, followed by a hula hoop contest. I had pink blow up guitars for prizes, but gave the winner of the hula hoop contest a choice between the guitar and a hula hoop.
Finally, we had a Sing Star(Play Station) competition. The great thing about it was that the singers were judged by the game, so I didn't have to do it. We all got in on that and had such a great time!







Madison got some great gifts from her friends. She also got more money to add to her "new camera" savings. I took her today to pick one out.















Finally, we sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake/cupcakes. The cake may not have been made right, but it tasted great. The kids finished off the last of it today...there was nothing to throw out!








I always feel so great when we finish another birthday party. Yes, part of it is relief that the work is done, but most of it is just knowing that I have taken the time to make the birthday special. All of my children are very appreciative of their birthday parties and thank me for them often. Each year with them is special, and I want them to know that.
Happy Birthday my precious daughter. I hope you know how much you mean to me! I would have had 20 children to get you. God chose to give you to me first. I'm so thankful that He did!

13 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the rock n roll theme. That is so cute. Hope she had a great birthday!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

That was the party man!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a FUN party! You are so creative!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the party decorations and the cake looks yummy! It looks like they all had a great time!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What a wonderful theme for a party! It looks like everyone had so much fun. You are so creative and everything looked great!

4:22 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

OH how fun!!! That looks like a great party to me! I love planning the birthday parties too. It is so much fun.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow....what a fun party!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I can't believe how she has grown up... she is such a pretty little girl with her poodle skirt! Such a girly girl... so fun. The party looks like a huge success! Good job, MOM!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a fun party!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love the guitars.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy {late} birthday, Madison! Looks like a great party!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Kez said...

What a wonderful party!

I've just found your blog from a comment you left on mine (about the lizards) - about to settle down for a read :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A belated happy birthday to your daughter! It looks like it was a great party, the decorations are awesome!

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home