My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 18, 2008

Respiratory System

We've been studying the respiratory system this week as part of our study of the organs and systems of the body. Today, we made a model of a lung, including a working diaphragm! I had absolutely none of the right materials called for to make it, but was determined to come up with something! Here is the result.








The stretched out balloon on the small end of the bottle served as the diaphragm. When we pulled it out, the balloon(lung) on the inside of the bottle inflated. When we pushed the "diaphragm" in, the "lung" deflated.









It worked!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger jugglingpaynes said...

Hello! Nice to meet you!
Cool experiment. I should try this with our kids. We're doing anatomy for two more weeks before starting plants.

Thanks for visiting and for your comment. I always enjoy hearing from new people!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

2:58 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow! Very cool!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Awesome experiment!

8:49 AM  
Blogger carrie & troy keiser said...

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: I love your projects! I want to send my kids to school at your house! :) {Of course you life on the other side of the country! :P }

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 2 said...

Coolness! :)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home