My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sisters

People used to think that we were triplets. I never realized how close in age we all were until I had my own children close..it was then that I realized how full Mama's hands were when we were babies. Look at us all dressed alike with Vicki and I standing with identical stances and Lori in the middle so tall and strong. That's how it is now. Vicki and I tend to fall apart at the same time while Lori remains her strong, steady self. We need her. She makes us laugh when we don't think we want to and nearly sends us over the edge in "laughter" tears without even trying hard to do so. I remember her knocking on our door when we were little to ask if we wanted to be in her pretend Brownie troop..or students in her classroom. Other days she might set up pretend birthday parties for us or little houses outside.
I never wanted to approach Lori with Mama's shoes in my hand...didn't want her to feel that she had to be comfortable in them if they were too big. I also didn't want to take from her the shoes that matched Vicki's and mine. Recently, during a trying time when I wanted to yell to God for answers...beg Him to explain to me why I don't have my Mother anymore, He revealed something to me. There are two women in my life who love me as closely as anyone can...who, together, share Mama's shoes. They are the ones that God has chosen to love me, comfort me, accept me, and "mother" me. They understand because they are also reaching out to me.
We are still those three little girls in the blue shirts and patriotic pants in front of Mama's car. We've had a lot taken from us, and we've had a lot given to us. More than anything, through it all, we have had each other.
I love you Lori and Vicki!!







7 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

There is nothing like having a sister in your life,and you have two! How wonderful. Ok I need to go and call my sister now just to tell her how much I love her. *smile*

5:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Super post! It is a great blessing to have sisters. I love the "then" picture! I would have guessed twins and an older sister, so just how close are you all?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

What an awesome post! I'm quite jealous of women who have sisters! I have a brother who I am supremely close to, but it's still not the same.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love the picture. I just love the matching outfits. Yes, sisters are cool. All of mine live far away and some times I wish we lived closer. Keep loving them right back and they will be there for you.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

What a great revelation to have. You are blessed to have each other. Love those 70's outfits!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Okay, I don't want to cry! Wonderful post! :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is a very sweet post! My SIL's name is Lori and my mom was Lori all her life. It is strange to say that I envy the way you can talk about the loss of your mom. I didn't loose my mom to death, but I have lost her in other ways and because of that I can't talk about it. But I have 6 sisters that I totally love and am so grateful for! They really are the best and my big sister has become everyone's mother figure since my mom isn't anymore.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home