My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Family Reunion '08

















Once again, we had an amazing time at my family reunion. The best part about it was the fact that my dad and stepmom were able to make it this year! We always have a great time, but something is missing when they aren't there. I love this reunion so much because everyone loves to play...children and adults. The adults don't sit around and talk without having a game in front of them. Many of them are in the yard playing games with the kids or with each other. It's no small wonder that I never lost my desire to play..this is where I got it from. I pray my children will grow up the same way! Life is too short to sit around and talk :)!
















As always, the fishing was good! I was so happy to be able to take my niece, Kaylyn, fishing for the first time. She was so proud when she caught her first fish, which she insisted on naming Scooter before letting it go :)! It's great to see a teenager still as playful as she is.







The kids all enjoyed the water slide and other fun games set up for them. Vicki and I stayed at the reunion with our kids until nearly everyone was gone. It's just always hard to leave knowing that we won't all be together again for another year. Yes, we will see our family members at different times, but it's so amazing to have everyone together in one place to fellowship and eat together, but most of all, to play together!


























7 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love my playful friend! :) Your such a neat gal! Glad you enjoyed the day!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That photo of you and Madison with the flowers in the background is just great! She is such a pretty girl, just like her mom. :0)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARENT FAMILY REUNIONS SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME!! ITS ALWAYS FUN TO CATCH UP AND TALK ABOUT GOOD TIMES!! ALSO A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BRAG ON YOUR OWN FAMILY!! I CANNOT WAIT TILL MINE!! LOVE THE PICS. ESPECIALLY OF YOU AND MADISON!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

Your family seems to have so much fun!! I am glad you enjoyed playing together.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks like fun. Since my grandmother passed away a few weeks ago the family has decided not to meet for Christmas anymore but to have family reunions. It saddens me to think of Christmas without all the aunts, uncles, and cousins but it looks like reunions will be a great way to make new memories.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

What a great family! Glad you all were able to get together and play.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Awesome!
We are not going to be able to get together as a family this year because of high gas prices and such long distances. I'm happy that your family was able to.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home