My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend at the Lake

We spent the weekend at the lake for Jeff's mom's annual family reunion. We had a great turnout of nearly 80 people. We played all weekend then ended with a big fish fry on the last night.

















I find that as our kids get older that we spend more and more time at the reunions out on the water...in the boat. We went out Saturday morning and stayed until lunch, then went back out in the afternoon. We usually only do the tube, but Jeff bought a knee board to try with the kids. They were all able to do it!!!

























Jeff and I even got out there. This is something that we used to do a lot when we were dating and newly married, but we haven't done it in a long time! Plus, I had to drive for Jeff when he went, so that was an experience. I've done it before while he went tubing, but never for any amount of time. It took me a bit to get the hang of it, but I think I did pretty well when I did...well, if you don't count the time I got up to 30 MPH while pulling Jeff on the board :)! He survived!














We still did some tubing, but won't be doing it again on this particular tube after the last time Jeff threw Madison and Carter. I guess they weren't so willing to let go because they ripped the covering. That's okay, we've had a lot of fun times on it, and they can still play on it in the pool!

















Now, you would think that the hardest part of the weekend would have been the kids learning to use the knee board or me pulling Jeff, but it wasn't. It seems that the hardest part was Madison learning to take pictures while in a moving boat! She did finally figure it out...she took the ones above of both Jeff and me!








When we weren't out on the water, there were other fun things to do on the camp grounds. My kids did a little fishing, but not as much as they usually do. It's just so hot that it's hard to be outside unless they are getting wet!
















As always, it was a fun weekend. It was fun to get away with Jeff and the kids, but mostly it was great to be with extended family again. Being together all in one place reminds me that we are a part of something so much bigger than just our immediate families. Yes, the family that Jeff and I share together is the fruit that we enjoy on a daily basis, but the entire family that we spent the weekend with is a part of what makes up our roots. I'm happy for the time that we had with them and look forward to another great reunion next year. Thank you Mimi for taking care of us and letting us be kids for a weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

Looks like everyone had a great time on the tubes. Makes me want to go give it a try.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a great turn out for the reunion! ... The one we just went to seems to get smaller every year. When I first married Joe, it was big like that... But now I think it's mainly Joe's immediate family, plus a handful of others. Pretty sad!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Ganeida said...

Oh, goodie, someone I don't have to explain the tube & board thing to! This is how my kids spend the summers ~ only my boys own the boat & take their sisters out on rare brotherly occasions while I get the binoculars on them & try not to worry that they'll drown Ditz, who is NOT sporty! :D

1:31 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Wow! That looks like a wonderful family fun filled weekend!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time with family. I love family reunions and I wish that we had them more often.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a GREAT time! I wish my family would do fun reunions like that. Jacky & I are going to take the boys out tubing tomorrow. This will be their (& my) first experience with it!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home