My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 18, 2008

That Was Fun!

I did something last week that I don't recall ever having done before. I submitted a piece of my writing for a contest. Since the first time I picked up a notebook as a child and started to write, it has been a very personal outlet for me. I've never weighed my success or failure in my pursuit of it by the standards of others. The joy of it comes through late nights alone in the dark...watching the trapped words in my mind spill out onto the computer screen. They have already brought me complete happiness before anyone else ever sees them...even if no one ever does.
So, why did I enter I'm No Wonder Woman in Scribbit's contest? I did it for this! I didn't win the MP3 player, but was so excited to check my email today and find a few sweet notes congratulating me on winning an Honorable Mention...there were 10 articles out of 54 chosen for this honor. Thank you Damselfly at Growing a Life for taking on the difficult task of judging! It was so much fun reading all of the entries, but I can't imagine having to choose a handful of them out of 54! Here's a list of all the entries as well as the winners! Thanks again Scribbit!

7 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

And thanks so much for entering, I love reading the variety of posts and the contest wouldn't be anything without great bloggers like you participating!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Congrat's Friend!

2:02 PM  
Blogger carrhop said...

Congrats on you HM--that's great! We are a homeschooling family as well--so glad that you are enjoying the journey!

I'm enjoying reading through your posts as I sit next to one of my students, encouraging her to get through a page of math facts.

BTW, one of my 14 month old twins was recently diagnosed with a neonatal stroke, the effect being a residual weakness on her left side. We are SO appreciating all the love and effort of both her physical and occupational therapist. Her occupational therapist is getting such good response from our daughter--so I give you a big 'hats off' for both your newest professional and your previous one!

Blessings!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! ... I always wished I had talent as a writer... But I have to stick to reading. *lol*

9:10 AM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

good one!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Congrats for giving it a shot! Way to go getting the HM!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks everyone!!!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home