My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweet Rewards

Today was reward day for all of our hard work on Wednesday. While I cleaned and organized our school supplies on Wednesday, I had the kids clean out from under their beds. When I finished my work, I helped the boys rearrange their rooms, which helped me to deep clean them. The boys helped me organize their stuff and pick up. I told them that if they worked in their rooms that day that we would go to our new Build A Bear that just opened in our mall. The entire time I was helping the boys in their rooms, Madison kept me out of hers. She told me that she was rearranging and cleaning it herself. After Jeff got home, she took us both into her room to show us what she had done. We were shocked! Somehow, she had managed to rearrange her room on her own and deep clean it as well as, or better, than I would have done myself. I was so happy and proud of her...I rewarded her well today!
The kids and I met my mother-in-law and youngest niece at the mall this morning. First we went to Build-A-Bear, as I promised. We took the Build-A-Bear animals that the kids made on our vacation in Dallas, Texas last year.
They found out that it's as much fun taking the ones that they already have as it is making new ones. They were given little bracelets to put on their stuffed animals when we got there. They were able to try the new clothes on them as well as take them through the grooming station and everything...just like the new ones. When we checked out, Madison was even given the free bows to match the outfit that she bought for her bear. It was so much fun! The kids said that they never want to build new ones again..they just want to keep buying for the ones that they have.



























Next, we ate lunch in the food court, then let the kids all ride the mall's new giant carousal. My kids have been on it a few times, but never get tired of it. This was their cousin, Anna Beth's, first time to ride it. Of course, the Build A Bear animals were along for the ride too :)!















It makes me happy that we can spend a day having fun and doing new things right here in our own town. I love rewarding my kids for their hard work, but mostly, I just love watching them play. They are in no hurry to grow up...just as I wasn't at their age! I don't know what I'll do when they think they are too old to play...It's what I love the most about having children!! Thank you Mimi for bringing Anna Beth to join the fun. We had a great time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

How fun! Ani's always wanting to go to Build-A-Bear.

9:15 AM  
Blogger The Cooking Lady said...

One time, when we were visiting family in Ohio, there was a Grand Opening for Build-a-Bear. We already had our animal, and we were only looking for new clothes. The line ws out the door...duh! But luckily an employee came out, looked aht people in the line and due to the fact that we were not going to purchase an animal we were able to go in and not stand in line. Woo Hoo!

My daughter has since grown out of her Build-a-Bear animals, but they sit happily on her bed and she still calls them by name(And Shhhh, she is nearly 15)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids love getting new clothes for their build-a-bears too. :D

Sounds like your kids worked hard, and deserved a treat! Such great kids you have! :D

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What wonderful rewards and wonderful kiddos to have worked so hard for them. You have a great family Sherri.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I need to take my kids to get new clothes for their bears. Annalee has been asking to make a High School Musical bear. Her birthday is coming up next month, so we might do a new bear then. I have not been on the carousal yet. The kids rode it a couple of weeks ago, but I was in a hurry when I was there with them the last time. I need to slow down more often.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home