My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Look Back at Summer 2008

With school starting back, we are forced to say goodbye to summer break 2008! In some ways, it seems like only yesterday that we had our end of the school year party with friends to celebrate the beginning of summer break!








I love the the way it feels the first week of summer break. The weight of finishing school stuff just falls off of your shoulders. Even though you know that there are only three months of play time ahead of you, it feels like forever.
We've had a good summer. We've enjoyed so much time with friends, as well as family, yet still found plenty of time to just rest and hang out at home. I feel good about the school planning I have done for this school year and finally feel ready to start it! Goodbye summer break '08. We've had a great time!!!
























































































































And with the last pictures...football...it's obvious that fall is approaching. It's time to put away summer things and head into football and holidays!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get that same exact feeling when we put away the school books for the summer... I can't believe vacation is over!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Your so right about the summer feeling so long at the start of it all! But it is really so SHORT! Glad you enjoyed yours!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I love all of the pictures! It looks like y'all had a great summer! I hope you have a great fall!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks like everyone had a fantastic summer. For once in my life I am looking forward to fall.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

Looks wonderful. I'm not ready for it to end but I do love fall too...

Heidi

11:32 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

What a wonderful summer! I enjoyed all of the photos that you shared with us.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful summer break.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ganeida said...

Looks like you guys had a good summer. We're just heading into ours now. The last month of school is always sooo hot here. I hate it.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Motherbird said...

It's so hard to say goodbye isn't it? Looks like you had a memorable summer!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home