My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ice Skating!









We celebrated Madison's 11th birthday today by going ice skating for the first time. I had planned on throwing her a "rock and roll" birthday party, but she said that she preferred to invite a couple of friends to go ice skating in Mississippi. That sounded great to me. It would be a fun "first experience" for all of us and a lot easier to plan than a big birthday party.We had a blast!
We picked Madison's friends up around 9:30 this morning so we would have time to drive there and eat at McDonald's before we went skating. Of course, they all wanted to play for a little while at McDonald's before heading to the skating rink.








We got to the rink around 12:45 and stayed until 2:30. The kids did very well on the skates. Patrick had a little trouble because he just doesn't skate very often. Madison and Carter are always on their roller blades, so it was easy for them to get used to the ice skates. Yes, I did try it too! I'm not going to turn down a first experience. I did okay...only fell once! It was cold!!

















The girls all had a great time. Madison friends both said that it was the funnest birthday party ever :)....woo hoo! That's always good to hear. Even if you know that they feel like that after most parties they go to, it's still fun to hear it!I'm glad Madison had a fun day. It felt so weird not throwing a big party for her. Parties are a lot of work and take a lot out of me, but I am always willing to do them. However, if this is what she wanted, I'm just glad that she had a great time! I know I did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

What a great party! I'm so glad that she and her friends had such a good time!
I look forward to taking The Kids ice skating when they're a little older.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I remember my first ice skating! They look like they had a blast!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home