My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Still Trying To Find The Good

I know that there is a big picture to everything. In the worse situations, there is good to be found. I haven't found it yet in this one.
Tonight, somewhere, there are four selfish, ignorant, horrible people surrounded by a few thousand dollars worth of new stuff.
At our expense.
Last night, they snatched my purse for the single purpose of taking a couple of cards and discarding the rest of it somewhere where it will probably never be found. The things that were trash to them are MY THINGS!
I am angry. I can't believe how angry I feel. Before we could even stop the cards, they had spent more of our money and put more on our cards than we have ever in that amount of time. Yes, we will get our money back and the charges will be taken from our cards, but I can't get past the fact that they will still have the stuff. Even worse, they are probably spending someone else's money tonight, as I write this.
They still haven't been stopped. They won't stop on their own. Someone else will be sitting in our place before the night is over....this I feel sure of.
Then there are the "little things" that meant nothing to them. The things that I have been told I should not be worrying over right now....my lipstick.....my Christmas lists......my yearly planner....my driver's license. I know that they are insignificant in the big picture, but the loss of them to a stranger makes me feel more violated than the use of the cards. Of course they meant nothing to them...they are my things...little pieces of me. They are easily replaced, this I know.
It's just the fact.
I don't feel like I have handled the situation the way that I should have....however that is. I want to find the good in it, but it is so hard.
Maybe all I need to do is ask.
Forgiving them won't make what they did right.
But it will make my heart right.
I thank God that it was only small, replaceable things and money. It could have been so much more!

3 Comments:

Blogger JakesMom said...

Sherri - I am so sorry that this kind of thing happened to you! You are a wonderful person for offering your forgiveness & trying to find good in this situation. Not many people would be able to do that. God Bless You!

9:07 AM  
Blogger 3Weddings said...

Sherri....I am so sorry this happened to you. I pray those culprits do end up getting caught by the mistakes they make and that they are punished to the full extent of the law. As always you impress me with your forgiving nature. Bless your heart.......In friendship, Stefanie

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gina Marie said...

Sherri - I can't imagine how violated you feel! Living in China stuff gets stolen a lot. I only had one time when I felt someone try to get into my backpack (I turned around and he pretended nothing happened) but even that moment was an awful feeling - that loss of control. I'm be praying that everything gets resolved quickly.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home