My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Feet

I took our kids to see Happy Feet yesterday for Patrick's birthday. While it was a precious little movie that made us laugh alot, it was very sexually oriented from the very first! Now, I don't beat movies to death because I know that there is adult humor and innuendos in all kid movies, but this one seemed worse. At one point, one of the penguins sang, "Let's talk about X, baby." He might as well said sex. On another part a female penguin said, "You want some of this tonight?" It was disturbing. A lot of the show is about mating seasons and stuff, which I know that is normal part of life, but the spin on it was disturbing. Four or five females hanging on a popular male and walking off out of site talking about the season...such and such. "Come on baby, do you want to go make and egg." Really, too much of it was put right out there on the kids' level. I just really don't know what to think of it. It was such a cute movie....they could have done without all of that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina Marie said...

This enforces my belief that just because a movie is a cartoon, that doesn't mean it's meant for kids. I'm glad you wrote about it, because I was thinking of taking my kids to it. I know most of the time jokes like that go over kids' heads, but there's no reason for including adult jokes. That's disappointing.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yes, very disappointing. It will just continue to get worse as they see what they can get by with. People will continue to go see the movies, and they will continue to get their points across, while at the same time making money doing it. "sigh"
Thanks for the note!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home