My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Patrick is 9 Years Old!

Happy Birthday Patrick!! Where did the year go? It seems like just yesterday that I was wishing my 8 year old a happy birthday. For that matter, where did the past 9 years go? Nine years ago, Patrick was little more than an hour old. I was still trying to comprehend the fact that I had a son...a precious son that I had no idea that I wanted so much until they placed him in my arms. Though I thought that I couldn't love him any more than I did at that moment, I fell in love with him more each day...and continue to every year I spend with him.
I took Patrick, Madison, Carter, Jayden(their cousin), and Josh to the movies to see "Happy Feet" this afternoon. Afterwards, we played games in the theater arcade for a while then went for frosties. Tonight, we had the grandparents and a couple of cousins over for cake then let Patrick open his gifts. He is spending tonight with his cousin next door. When I hugged him bye he told me, "Thanks for making my birthday fun." I hugged him a little tighter and knew that there was no amount of fun that I could give him that could have truly been enough for what he has given me.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home