My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Our 1 Year Anniversary!

Today marks one year that we have been homeschoolers! We celebrated the special day by taking off...oh the joys of homeschooling!!
It seems like yesterday that we spent that first uncertain day making our dream of homeschooling a reality. The kids still say that it was their happiest day of school. The experience has been everything that we dreamed it would be and more. I've watched Madison, Patrick, and Carter grow, not only in book knowledge, but also spiritially and emotionally. Jeff and I have been able to teach them about God and our faith in a more personal way than we ever had the opportunity to before. Questions have come up in the middle of our school time that at one time would have gone unasked. Because of our free evenings, we are now more involved with things at our church that we just didn't have time for before. Not only are we involved in them, but the kids are enjoying being there....it is so great to see that. This has truely been a wonderful-blessed year. I thank God for opening the door for us to teach our children at home. I pray that it will be His will to allow us to continue through another year!
Here are the kids on the first day of homeschooling and with their first projects of that same week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Happy Home Schooling Anniversary!!! Kudos to you for doing such an awesome job!!!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Gina Marie said...

It's good to hear from someone who has the experience of kids being in school and then not. Since my kids haven't been in school, I don't think about benefits like still having energy for evening activites (not to mention all the fun things we get to do during the day).

6:11 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh I loved your post! I too have no experience with having kids in PS...and your words always lift me up when homeschooling starts to bog me down! :) Hugs!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home