My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Madison's Latest Interest

Madison has discovered sewing and loves it! I have helped her with applique and cross-stitching in the past, but now she is enjoying just hand sewing different things. She cut one of her tshirts down the front and asked me to show her how to sew a button and buttonhole so that it would button at the bottom. She cut a v-neck into it and asked me to show her how to sew two little stars onto the sleeve. She is making a karate jacket for Carter :). The cute thing is that he is very excited about it. She is hooked. I let her use my sewing box and whatever she needs from it. Right now, she is sitting in her room making a little green purse out of some material that I gave her. She found a snap set in my box so she is using that as a closure. She is going to give it to her niece, Jayden. Tomorrow, I am going to take her to buy some new material and simple apron pattern. I am going to take my sewing machines down and show her how to cut a pattern and actually sew it with the machines. She is so excited....so am I!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Yay, another seamstress in the making! :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home