My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 18, 2006

Pensacola Beach

09/16/06
We left Disney around 10:00 this morning with plans to drive 7 hours to Pensacola. We made it to our hotel around 5:00. Once again, the kids did great riding the distance. They were very quiet and content. We settled into our hotel and surprised the kids by taking them to Pensacola beach! It was a beautiful evening and the beach was great. We stayed until the sun went down. The atmosphere was so relaxing with the music streaming from the pubs along the beach and the kids content to play in the sand and waves. Afterwards, we went out to eat and then back to the hotel. While I missed home, I was also a bit sad that it would be our last night away. I love time alone with my family…away from the everyday things that keep us busy and away from each other. Even the 20 + hours spent in the car was special time because we had only time to spend together. Even though I am with my kids every day at home, I always feel like I know them better after vacation. I especially feel closer to Jeff. I don’t realize how much we have to be apart until we have time together. I thank God for this time that He has given us to spend as a family and for bringing us all home safely. It was a magical week….everything that we hoped it would be!



























2 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

OK, that sounds like such a fantastic vacation that I'm trying hard not to be jealous!! I'm glad that you had such a great time!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh you made me homesick! I was born and raised in Pensacola, Flordia! *sigh* I am so glad you enjoyed it!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home