My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 04, 2006

Seven More Days!

We have one more week until we leave for our vacation...Disney and Universal Studios. We are counting down. I can't believe that it has been 4 years since we last went to Disney. Jeff and I were looking at our album from that vacation and it occurred to us that the kids were just babies when we took them last. Madison was 6, Patrick 4, and
Carter 3! It will be an entirely different experience this time. I'm glad that we took them when they were really little because of the magical aspect of it. While they will be somewhat interested in the characters, they will be as interested in the different rides and all. We spent a lot of our time before chasing the characters down...yep, you have to chase them down...and getting signatures from them for the kids' little books. I don't think that will be a focus for them this time. Last time, Jeff and I took turns riding some of the big rides...or just didn't bother with them at all. I am hoping that we will all be able to ride them together now. The only one that I am worried about possibly not wanting to ride them is Patrick. However, if we can ever get him to ride one, I think he will be ready for more. If not, we can use the new feature called kid swap. With this, parent no. 1 can ride with the kids who want to ride while parent no. 2 stays with the scared one. When they are done, parent no. 2 can get on the same ride with them without waiting while parent no. 1 stays with the one who doesn't want to ride. What a great thing!! Not only do both parents get to ride, but the kids who want to ride get to go twice in a row :)!!
Jeff made our hotel reservations last night. I am so happy that we are staying on the Disney grounds in a Disney hotel. Staying at Disney makes the experience so much funner. It's so fun to be surrounded with the Disney experience even after leaving the parks for the day.
And of course, I have spent hours making my "vacation notebook" like I do every year for vacation. I have researched Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure and wrote down all of the information about each of the rides and attractions...which ones are best suited for the kids' ages, height requirement, interesting behind the scene facts, best days to go, etc. I know that we could go and have fun without my notebook, but it makes things go so much smoother to have all of those little questions already answered before we get there. Besides, making it is part of the fun for me!
Now, for the worst part of it...Packing!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see pics! I bet you're going to have an awesome time!!!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home