My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rocks

We've been studying rocks this week. Yesterday, we attempted to make a sandstone rock out of sand and salt. With the 100F plus temps that we have been having, I thought it would be a perfect time to sit our project outside to harden. As luck would have it, it has been cloudy and raining since we finished the project. We put it in the shed. Hopefully, it will be warm enough to harden the "rock" without the sun. We put a shell in the middle of the mixture so that after it hardens we can break it open to see the imprint that it made....great for learning about fossils. I hope it works! If not, we had a great time making it anyway!!!











1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEATO! I love that kind of stuff! Man i wish I was your student!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home