My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Reunion at the Lake









We had our family reunion for Jeff's mom's side of the family this past weekend. We spent 2 nights at the lake with many of our Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Jeff and I took the boat and tube as well as all of our fishing gear. I loved watching the kids play with their cousins who they only get to see a couple of times a year. They all got along so well. I enjoyed playing with the kids as well as relaxing...reading and sitting out in the sun. The kids are at a wonderful age that allows Jeff and I to enjoy ourselves as well as spend time with them. They are still easily entertained, yet, I can walk away and leave them to play without me as well. My MIL has always told me that around the years of 7-12 were some of the funnest years for her with her boys. I now know what she was talking about. I would love to freeze time right now.


















We hated to leave when we did, but had to get back for church and a Sunday School party on Sunday. We enjoyed the party so much. Everyone had their children there for swimming and outside fun followed by a fish fry. I enjoyed the fellowship with the other families so much. I'm so glad that we have changed churches. I feel more at home at this church than I have anywhere in a long time. It is good to feel like we are where we belong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Life with a Toddler said...

wow, that looks super fun!

I know what you mean about churches, we recently started going to another one, and we love it! It makes a big difference in our lives.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

hmmm I really thought I had left a comment on this one already. Sorry. Anyway it looks like you guys had an awesome time! Its great when the kids are older and you can enjoy more *grownup* things. :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love the picture of you and Madison! So sweet. I haven't look to see lately what you guys have been up too. Always a treat to see what your doing. Loved The visit. Thank you :o)
YOur Cuz, Kathy

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home