My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Scavenger Hunt

I found a great way to cure boredom today...a scavenger hunt!! None of my kids or their company felt like swimming or doing any of the things they usually like to do, so I made them a list of things to find. I put them into two teams and gave them each a list. I told them that the first team that made it back to the deck with all 10 items would get a prize. So, while they went after the items, I frantically searched around the house for fun things to give them. Of course, I gave everyone a prize, I just handed the winning team theirs first. I couldn't believe how much they got into the hunt....very competitive about it. It didn't take them very long to fill up their bags and make it back to the deck. Everyone loved the little prizes that I gave them (a quarter, a winning bottlecap, pack of flower seeds, a stamp, etc) and my neighbor brought them all popsicles. The great thing was that they got so hot doing the scavenger hunt that my three were ready to swim after they were finished :). I knew there were plenty of things for them to do. They just needed a little push!
















3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to do that kind of stuff with Amanda. I think I'm going to be calling you for ideas though! LOL!!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

What FUN!!! I may have to try this with Bear. You're so creative!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What a great idea! Shery, I am stealing that for my kids this summer. Thanks for the idea. :)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home