My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Family Reunion

We went to my family reunion this weekend...my Daddy's side of the family. It has been years since I last went. It was so hard to be there when the kids were little that I wasn't motivated to go back. The last time I went, they were 5, 3 and 2 years old. I didn't do much socializing with anyone but them :)! It was very different this time. They all found friends to play with, and I was left to socialize and relax. My daddy's family is so much fun because they were all brought up playing games; therefore, they still love to play. Unlike the adults at many family reunions, they don't just sit around talking and watching the kids play. There were games of every kind scattered around the lodge and groups of adults laughing and enjoying each other while they played. A group of men played their guitars and sang most of the day and late into the night. The atmosphere there is inviting and playful.
The kids also had a big blowup water slide, a small lake to fish in, and lots of room to run and play. I filled balloons with water and my cousin and I organized some water balloon games....followed by a water balloon fight.
The best part of the weekend was getting to see my cousin, Kathy, who I haven't seen for 4 1/2 years. We had never met each other's youngest two children. Our families both spent the night, so we had a lot of time to visit with each other when everyone else was gone. It was amazing to see them again and get to know their children. They are such a sweet family. We all had such a great time and have decided that we will make this a yearly event.









2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That is wonderful! I haven't been to a family reunion since before Logan was born. I'm glad you had a good time.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!! I'm sorry I haven't commented in soooooooo long. I'm BAD! Love the pics!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home