My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Way We Were!

I was looking through some things today and found a sheet with Madison's 3rd grade homework assignments on it. When people ask why we chose to start homeschooling, I always share that one of the main reasons that we started was because we had no life outside of school. Here is a list of Madison's homework assignment for ONE night. Remember every other night of the week was JUST AS BAD. Here goes:

MONDAY

1. Study vocabulary

2. English: pages 31, 32, 33, 34
1 & 2 Review

3. Math: IOWA Review 4 pages

4. Spelling: Write words 1-16 two times
Page 145 in textbook

5. Science: Study

6. Test Sharpner: pages 20, 21, 35, 36, 43, 44, 71

Tuesday through Thursday was JUST AS FULL!!! On top of that she also had her A.R. reading to do, which took anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes. It was like an entire day of school crammed into the evening. On top of this, I had two others in school. We don't do any more work at home now that we are homeschooling than we did when they were in school. Finding this makes me appreciate all over again the fact that I have the option of homeschooling! What a difference it has made in our lives!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Life with a Toddler said...

wow, that makes me wonder what even gets done during school hours!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That is just crazy Shery! I am so glad you have found what works for you and the kids. I know how trying it can be at times and I totally admire your strength and ablity to balance homeschooling and homelife. Good for you!!! :)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you are doing what you know is best for your kids. I don't know if I could home-school, but you sure inspire me and make me realize that I could if I wanted to. You rock!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home