My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back to School









We started back with schooling yesterday. It felt really great to be back on a schedule. The kids were more excited about starting back than I thought they would be. We spent the morning doing book work and History. In the afternoon, we did Social Studies and Science. The kids enjoyed using crackers and water to demonstrate how water causes erosion. We looked at dirt and sand to compare what they are made up of and used peroxide to demonstrate how dirt has more decayed matter in it than sand, thus making it more fertile. I love the hands on and so do they!! I feel great about the day....it went well :).

3 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

Yay! We go back tomorrow and we're all pretty excited. Where do you get all your great ideas? I love the cracker/erosion idea!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That is wonderful!! I don't blame them for being excited...you are doing an amazing job of keeping thier interest and making learning fun! WTG mama!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I totally miss school now. Keep up the great work!!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home