My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fragments From Yesterday

A pink bedroom...little twin beds
Bare feet on a dirt road
Clothespins on bike spokes
Mama crocheting in her chair

A swim in the pond
Loaded fishing poles
Saddles and horses
Wide open spaces

Little blue bikes.....little tiny kittens
A playhouse in the shed
Ponytails and cutoff shorts
Stuffed animals and dolls

A ride in the back of the truck
Down a dusty road
A bucket of berries fresh off the vine
Ketchup and mayo sandwiches

Peanut butter from the spoon
8 track tapes and 45's
Made up dances...made up clubs
Honeysuckles and gardenias

My daddy's love....unconditional
His hand helping me with my flips
His words of encouragement in everything
His strength His voice His presence

A Blanket on the ground
Teaparties with my twin
Cotton trailers and cotton fields
Board games and cards

Dreams of the future
Make-believe play
Dress-up clothes
Staying outside all day

Fragments of something solid and real
Stirred up and scattered as they fall
Can only be viewed as a whole
By the mind from which they are recalled

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! that was so powerful Sherri!!! Did you just write that? It is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could picture it all.....I love your mind.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thankyou Jen! Yes, I just wrote it. Thankyou so much for you note...how sweet!!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

That is SO beautiful!! You have a great talent for painting word pictures!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home