My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Meteor Shower

I hope everyone got a chance to experience the "shooting stars" last night! It was very cold here and tempting to not sit out in the yard, but on our way to Jeff's mom's to pick up the kids last night, Jeff and I saw a beautiful meteor shooting across the sky. That was it...all I needed to motivate myself. I just knew that I wanted the kids to experience it. I didn't know if they would join me, but they all did. The neighbor also came over with her son. We took our chairs, blankets and sleeping bags and settled in out there for about 1 1/2 hours. There would be a period of time when we thought we wouldn't see any more, then they would be there...shooting different directions. Some were bigger than the others, but they were all beautiful to me. I told the kids that we could sit out there all night on another night and not see one....we saw over 20 last night!
Afterwards, we warmed ourselves up with hot chocolate. It was a perfect way to end an awesome night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

We didn't see any last night! I saw two on Saturday and one on Friday.

I am glad you had a good experience.

Kimberlee

10:31 AM  
Blogger momof3feistykids said...

What a wonderful way to create memories! :-) Happy belated birthday to your Patrick.

Steph
http://my3feistykids.homeschooljournal.net/

8:07 PM  
Blogger Gina Marie said...

Sherri,

Thanks for the comments on my blog! Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads it besides my parents. :) I do forget sometimes what a blessing it is for my kids to grow up overseas. Recently I was complaining in my head to God that my kids don't have a backyard where they can just explore, and the immediate response was, "Gina, your kids are growing up with experiences most kids never dream of." Oh yeah, I'll shut up now. As for the trip to Phuket, it helps when tickets ended up being only about $50 round trip and the hotel was less than $50 per night. Plus, the whole thing was a Christmas present from my parents! Can't beat that price.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home