My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 12, 2007

I Love Books!

It is hard for me to imagine life without books. I know that there are many people who go years without picking up a book to read....I just can't imagine.
I actually let myself run out of books to read! I don't let that happen very often, but with Christmas and all I just didn't make it to the library. Jeff commented on how lost I seemed one evening without my book. I love hanging out with the kids, playing my new keyboard, organizing my school stuff, and just doing things around the house. However, none of that takes me to the same place that a good book does.
I finally made it to the library with the kids yesterday after my hair appointment. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I left there with 4 books for me and a large stack for the kids. I have also not had anything new to read to them, so it felt great to have those as well!
So, that is my addiction....books. There are certainly worse things that I could be addicted too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karate Mom said...

LOL, I'm with both of you! I've always loved to read and I hope that my kiddos do, too. I simply don't understand how someone can not like reading!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gina Marie said...

Yet another thing we connect on Sherri! My mom was a librarian and she fed us books like food. I'm so thankful! I so want my kids to love books too.

What books did you get? I'm so hungry for something new. Do you prefer fiction or non?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi Gina,
Right now, I am reading "Time Traveler's Wife". It is very differnt, but good. You have to think a lot while reading it...to keep up...but I like that. I don't like a shallow book.
I have a lot of good book ideas.
Do you like Ann-Marie McDonald? She is one of my favorites. She wrote "The Way the Crow Flies" and "Fall on Your Knees". They are excellent books!
Thanks for the note!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home