My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Worldwide Day of Play 2008

Not only was Saturday the Worldwide Day of Play, but it was also a beautiful day outside! We decided that we didn't want to sit in the house all day, so we headed to the zoo! The weather was PERFECT for it. The animals were all so active. They seemed to be enjoying the cooler weather and were all in the middle of feeding time.

















After our trip to the zoo, the kids went next door to play at Jeff's parents' house while Jeff and I went out to eat. Mr. Larry, Jeff's dad, fried fish for dinner, and Mimi played games with the kids...as she often does. No matter how much time our kids spend there, they never get tired of it! Jeff and I had a good time and enjoyed the chance to just talk and be together. We are planning a camping trip for next weekend..yes, we are finally taking our tent farther than our back yard. I hope we have another beautiful weekend like this one has been!

12 Comments:

Blogger Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It sounds like y'all had a great day yesterday! :) We spent the day outside today at the fair. We need to visit the zoo again soon! Camping sounds like a blast! That is something I have never done.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How fun!
We are thinking about camping, but it might be getting a bit too cool up here! Hope you have good weather.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Fun!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I LOVE your new blog theme!!!

I've never heard of this "Day of Play" before... Now I feel like we missed out. *lol* ... We're hoping to go to the zoo next Saturday though. :D

7:35 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey! We've been to that zoo. Actually, my husband grew up about 30 minutes from that zoo. You're practically neighbors with my in-laws!

Looks like you had a fun day out - and a good end to your first week of hs this year.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

Camping!!!! Have fun! Matthew and I are thinking this is what we will do for vacation next time. :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Sorry - didn't mean to cause you any trepidation about your pictures. We go to that zoo virtually every time we visit the in-laws. And, I recognize the prairie dog view and the boat tour.

Do you mind if I link to your page? I've enjoyed reading!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi Angela,
It's no problem, I was just amazed that you recognized the zoo. It's so fun to realize that someone is so much closer to you than you knew!
I don't mind at all if you link!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Stagnant Life said...

I love visiting the zoo! We just went last week. Looks like you had a great time.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

It was a beautiful weekend. We took advantage of it, too. It is a good thing because the weather sure changed! I am so happy that you and your husband were able to have some time together. My husband and I love it when we can have time for "a date."

4:13 PM  
Blogger The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I enjoy "meeting" new friends and encourage you to stop by again soon - I always love hearing from my readers!!

The zoo looked like it was a lot of fun!! We are planning on going this weekend!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Darn, I missed it! No day of play for me for another year!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home