My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's True!

Absence does make the heart grow fonder!
Jeff and I are often away from one another. He's gone many weekends on singing trips, and I frequently run off to my sister's with the kids for a few nights at a time. That's why I thought this wouldn't be too hard.
I dropped Jeff off at the airport yesterday morning for his trip to California. He's spending some time there studying for a new certification for his job. It was way harder than I expected to turn around and walk out of there without him. It gives me a new appreciation for the men and women who put their spouses on planes to Iraq and other places...not knowing when they will see them again or knowing that they won't see them for months or years. I can't imagine!
It isn't hard to be without him as far as managing the kids and the house. When they were babies and he used to go away for a couple of nights to sing, I would be worn out by the time he would get home. That isn't the problem now....I just miss him because I miss HIM. This is the furthest and longest that we have ever been apart. I know...I sound like a weepy teenager girl separated from her boyfriend....well, that's how I feel.
I'm ready for him to come home.
I miss him!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Aww sweetie. I sure do feel for you. When my husband and I first got married he had to go away for a few days. I knew it was work and it was money coming into our home, but I missed him terribly. I would go to my sisters and spend some time visiting with her too. Everything was fine during the day. I kept busy, but nights were the hardest. Just keep telling yourself that after all these years, you still love him as much as when you first met. That is a blessing. Not many people have that kind of love anymore and you two are lucky to have each other. (Big HUGZ)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment.

I applaud you for starting to home school last year. I would love to take the leap with my younger kids but havn't mustered the courage yet.

I really hate it when my husband is gone. It does make me realize how much I love him though. I think a little absence may be good for our marriage.

I loved your blog and I will be back.

Blessings,
Julie

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

ohhhhhhhhh :-( Nights are always the hardest for me cause that is when the drama and business of the day are over... sucks now that my husband works all night! Good luck... write him letters or emails.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss him for you :( How long will he be gone for? (Or, did you state it in your post and I missed it because I'm a moron?)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Crystal Starr said...

Hi Sherri!!!! Emily would LOVE to check out Madison's blog but we can't get to it. It isn't listed in her profile. Could you send me the link!

THANKS!!! =OD

Hey we have a Madison too!!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I so understand! I am the biggest baby with my Mattmos here. Without him I am HORRIBLE! I need him here with me! That is why I married him! :lol:

12:41 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

I hope he comes back quickly! (I didn't see if you said how long he'd be gone, either.) I think it is so sweet that you still are like teenagers in love!

Thanks for the post on my blog about the cicada in the pool. I find that so neat that it happened to you, too! I might have to do some research on this. :-)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Amy Plumb said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I came by to get to know you and thought I would tag you with a meme that I was just tagged with. What better way to find out more about you. Write 5 interesting things about yourself.

To comment about your post. When you miss someone you really love that is normal, it's not teenage silly stuff. My husband goes away for work sometimes too and I miss him so much. At the same time I really think it helps to keep things alive in our marriage.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to meet you! You have a beautiful family and I hope Jeff gets home safely and soon!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I hear ya, sister! My hubs will NOT go out of town for a while (after having about 4 months of barely seeing him ever) and I SO LOVE having him come home at normal hours now. Every day he was gone got progressively worse until I thought I was going to die! How do those single moms, or military wives do it?

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home