My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pita Chips

We made Pita Chips as part of our study of the Middle East yesterday. We cut Pita Bread into triangles and brushed on a mixture of olive oil, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.









Then we put them in the oven to bake just long enough to make them a little brown and crispy.
They were SO good. We ended up eating all of them...after making ourselves set a few aside for Jeff to try later.
I think I'll enjoy this cooking for the different countries!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

MMM those look so yummy! I love pita bread.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I just love edible geography! LOL!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Sherri! These pita chips look sooo good...what a great idea to incorporate them as part of your studies! I've really enjoyed my visit to your blog and I know I'll be back soon to read more about your beautiful family and your homeschooling adventures!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Robin Green said...

I can tell it's lunch time, because this picture left me salivating!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

They sound good. Thanks for sharing,

2:47 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

OH, those look yummy! One of our favorite studies was doing some geography 2 years ago. Lots of good memories!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Not You're Average Soccer Mom said...

I love these the kids and I make them all the time they are also nice to do with flour tortillas and make you're own tortilla chips I have a killer recipe for my homemade salsa too nUMMY I am hungr now!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home