My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Kilim Weaving









We are weaving small rugs, kilims, to put into our "Asia Box". In studying the Middle East, we learned about the rugs that are traditionally made in Turkey. I cut the frames out of cardboard and tied the weaving threads to each of them. Each one of the kids picked out the two colors that they wanted to use, then I taught them how to weave the thread through the loom.
























Now, the trick will be getting the rugs off of the loom and tying them. I would hate for the kids to go through all of this work just to have them fall apart!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

That looks so cool. Please post a picture of them when your kids have completed them. I would love to see them. I will cross my fingers that they don't fall apart. We have done many a project to have it all go to pieces. I DO NOT like having to start over.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

This is cool! I too am interested in the finished product. Looks like a fun project. Keep us posted.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

This looks so cool! Do you have directions or a link to some directions? Would LOVE to try this with my kiddos.

8:07 AM  
Blogger MommyMommy said...

looks like fun!!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love those! :) Good job kids!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home