My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

That Was Fun!

While at the skating rink last Thursday, I received a $1 bill as change from the concession stand. Patrick noticed that the bill had some strange writing on it and asked me what it meant. Here is a picture of the markings. We went to the website listed on the bill and found out that the bill is being tracked through http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ Our bill was first registered April 30, 2007 in Alabama. It passed through two places in AR before I got it. That doesn't seem like a terribly large area until you consider that it was passed between those places in a matter of 6 months. Plus, there's no telling how many places it went and never got registered.
This is so interesting and fun to me that I have decided that for each of my children's next birthday, I'm going to register a bill. The stamps are available for purchase in various places. I think it will be so fun to go back each year to see how far it has traveled. I'm going to hang on to the bill I have until I travel out of the state. I should have sent it with Jeff to California this week! How fun!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh wow! How cool is that! And registering a bill at each one of your children's birthdays is even better. I have never gotten a bill like that yet, but I sure would be interested to see where it has traveled if I ever do end up with one. Oh and about your comment on being IRL friends... I swear every time I come and read your blog, I always tell myself that we would hit it off instantly. We have SO much in common. I love coming over to visit your little homeschooling world, even if it is only online. :0)

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea! So much that I'm going to register a bill, too!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog--I hope I can be interesting enough to keep you coming back. I love new readers and their blogs :)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so neat! I have never heard of this. My son would really like to do that!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Hee hee, I think I heard about this but forgot about it completely. Thanks for reminding me.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

cool idea!
Thanks for the comment.
Have a great day!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

That is so cool! I'm going to have to check out all my bills and see if any of them are registered!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

That's really cool! I've always wanted to get a Where's George? bill!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I am so HAPPY that you guys did look this up! I knew it had to be something neat. Now I am on to see how we can start one of our own! What a fun fun fun site! :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Amz said...

That is so neat! I have never heard of this before. Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way, how'd you find me? I'm always curious....

6:47 PM  
Blogger Dana Leeds said...

Cool! Where can you register a bill? My dauther's birthday is coming up REAL soon. :-)That's a great idea for a birthday present! And, something to track for the next years, too.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi School For Us!
Go to www.wheresgeorge.com. All you have to do is stamp the bill, then type in the id numbers of the bill and it is registered.
Fun
Fun!!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home