My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

Testing



The boys took their standardized tests with the homeschool group this week. They tested from Mon. through Wed. Madison missed the tests because of the fieldtrip. It was a decision that we had to make. We decided that we would not make her miss such an awesome opportunity over testing. I figure that if the boys tests where they should be then I can feel sure that Madison is getting what she needs as well. They will test once a year, so it won't hurt her to miss this one.
Testing went well. The boys seemed to feel good about what they knew. We will have to wait 6 weeks to see how they did. I really need to see that they are on track. I know in my heart that they are learning what they need to, but will feel so much better about it if I see that their testing reflects it. I put as little pressure on them as possible. They had so much pressure in public school to do well on the IOWA and LEAP that I wanted this to be a more positive experience. They were very relaxed, while at the same time seemed to take it serious. It was a fun, positive experience for us all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lammy said...

Not sure if you knew or not---just about any standardized test is available on the web...just google the state you are interested in. You can apply the test yourself... just to gauge where your daughter is for yourself if you want. It's not official, but at least give you an idea where she's at! :)
I'm enjoying your blog.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thankyou Lamy..I appreciate it. That is a good idea..just so that I can know where she is. I will see what I can find!
Thanks so much for the notes.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope they did well on the tests!!
I'm sure they did great!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

I know that you're glad that's over! And, I'm sure that they did great!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home