My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mommy's Toys


I took this picture of Carter last night after he fell asleep. The little brown bear in his arms was mine when I was a child. Vicki, my twin sister, and I both had one. We would wind them up every night and listen to them while we were falling asleep, much to our older sister's dismay. The bear now belongs to Carter. I had a little stuffed dog named Muffin that was very special to me growing up. I have given him to Madison. I gave Patrick a homemade pillow that was given to me as a baby. These were things that were sitting in my hope chest storing old memories that meant something only to me. Now, my children are making memories with them. They truly seem to appreciate these gifts. They take care of them. Madison took Muffin to school for show and tell when she was in Kindergarten. Patrick took his pillow to Kindergarten to sleep on at naptime. It means a lot to me that they love their gifts. I am happy that these items will hold special memories for them one day just as they do for me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those items are so special. It's so wonderful that you get to pass them on. I have a few things my mom saved that were mine as a child. I am so glad and grateful she saved them.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Lammy said...

Happy mother's day. beautiful picture.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home