My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

Tis Now

When my
Weary children are piled upon the den floor
Satisfied from a full day of play
Tis Now that my heart is full of them..and so much more

Because
Their father is home
His presence filling not only the room from which they lay
But the entire house that he protects and guides
Tis Now that my heart is full of him at the end of his working day

Although
My body is tired from teaching my children
Watching and guiding each step that they make
Stepping back when they need some space
Tis now my heart is full of the responsibility I am pleased to take

Even if
Tomorrow may not hold the blessings of this day
For each day is a new beginning...separate from the past
I sit here with the peace that comes from a Heavenly Father
Tis now my heart is full of His grace that I daily grasp

Knowing
That as a growing "woman to be"
I often skipped AHEAD in the novel of my life phases
To peek at the fulfilling chapters that I now live
Tis now my heart is full as I mark the pages

Certain that
In time, I will flip back to them as we grow
Pulling them from the recesses of my memory
Tis now I live them. Tis now I Know!

Sherri

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem Sherri...you are very inspiring, I must say.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Karate Mom said...

That's beautiful!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home