My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 17, 2011

Art Exhibit 2011

This year's art exhibit was even more exciting because we had Madison AND Carter displaying art. Madison and I went on Saturday to help set up for the exhibit. It is always fun seeing all of the different pieces in the show. We only see those who take art on the same day with Madison and Carter, so we get to meet new people during the exhibit. It amazes me to see how much talent comes out of Ms. Melanie's studio. She is really a talented, patient lady. I'm so glad that our children go to her.
Since Madison has been doing art longer, she had more to put in the show than Carter did. Also, from having done the show before, she knew all of the different categories to enter work into. We were so pleased last year when Madison got the one division ribbon...a second in painting....so we were blown away when she ended up with eight division ribbons this year!! She got first place ribbons in cartoon drawing, graphics, and sculpting!! The rest of her division ribbons were in the following: third place in graphics, second & third place in cartoons, and second and third places in sculpting.
Carter entered pieces in watercolor, graphics, acrylic, and pastels. His table awards were as follows: third on his watercolor sword, second on his shotgun pencil drawing, and first on his acrylic wolf. Even though he didn't have as much to enter and didn't get a division ribbon, it was a very fun experience for him. He enjoyed seeing his work on display!!
I can't imagine ending the year without participating in this art exhibit. I think it gives the kids a chance to step back and really appreciate all that they have done throughout the year. It is also such a good chance to share their work with others. I'm looking forward to seeing what my kids create in the coming year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love that I have seen some of these in person! I think the kids are so talented. :) Great job, you guys!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Heather the Mama Duk said...

Wow, that's awesome! Your kids are truly talented.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home