My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baking Together

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen with Madison helping her with her new cake decorating business. I make myself available to do whatever she needs help with. It isn't that she needs my help to do her cakes, but I just like being in there to watch her and to learn so that I can help her more. Recently, we decided to bake two little cakes and each decorate one...I wanted to learn to cover a cake with fondant. We had so much fun. It amazes me how much she has taught herself just from watching cake shows and finding things on the internet!




Our Cakes Madison's is brown and mine is green. We used her new Cricut to make the circles...I used the circles to make my flowers.
It was so much fun to do my own little cake instead of just helping Madison with hers. Cake decorating is nothing that I would ever choose to do for myself, but I enjoy it so much with Madison. I realize that it isn't about the cake decorating at all...it's all of those hours that we spend in the kitchen with our music on and just the two of us laughing and enjoying each other!! That's what it's about for me...all the rest of it is just icing on the cake :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home