My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas slipped upon us this year and was gone before I could even grasp that it was about to happen. I don't know if its because we didn't take quite as long off as we normally do from school or not. It was fun, but I just didn't feel like we fit everything in that I wanted to do this year.
Jeff and I did make it to our church Sunday school party. We are trying to do more with them. They are such a great group of friends, but we tend to get content with just being home. The party was very nice.On the Sunday before Christmas, we went to Jeff's parents' church to see their musical. This is something that I enjoy doing every year. My niece Kinley spent a few days with us this week, so she was able to go to the musical with us. Jeff's parents are still at the church that we attended for years with them. It's always nice to go back for a visit.
I bought two different ornaments to make, but we only got around to making one of them. We made them with the little beads that you shape then iron together. These were very fun ornaments to make and turned out so cute!! I even made a glow-in-the-dark one!We found a cute gingerbread tree to do instead of the regular gingerbread house. Of course, Madison LOVED decorating it. Carter helped her put it together and placed all of the beads. All I did was place the star on the top. As always, we spent Christmas Eve at Daddy's with my family. The kids opened their one gift before he left to go Daddy's. We were happy to have two more added to our growing number. Kevin's baby, Gus, was there as well as Jessica's new baby, Emery. It was great having babies around again.I loved watching my dad hand out the gifts. Daddy and Lynn with all of their grandchildren and one great grandchild!!
Christmas DayI love the way the living room looks after all of the gifts have been opened. I straighten it all up, but most of it stays in the living room until after New Year's, when we take the tree down.We had Christmas with Jeff's family on the day after Christmas.FireworksMimi and PawPaw with the grandchildrenChristmas 2010

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

You have such a beautiful family and I enjoyed seeing how you spent your holidays with all of them. I really liked the Gingerbread Tree! What a great idea. I have to agree with you about Christmas coming and going way to fast. We blinked and it was gone. :0(

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home