My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Sun

We tried to watch the lunar eclipse a couple of nights ago. Of all nights, it was so cloudy that we didn't have a clear view of the moon. We caught 3 glimpses of it when it was about 2/3 covered. We lay outside on blankets until 3:00 in the morning. We could see the orange tint in the sky but never got to see the moon covered completely. We tried :(
Speaking of eclipses, we are prepared for our next solar eclipse! While studying the sun, we made a device to help us see it without looking AT it.
We also used a jar of water to separate the light waves of the sun into a rainbow. This wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but we did manage to get a small rainbow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi SHerri,
The picture was of Candy Cane marshmallows. I haven't made them, but a friend did. Here is the link http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/candy-cane-marshmallows Sorry I haven't stopped by your blog lately. This is a really crazy year for me. Each time you leave a comment it reminds me to stop by. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home